March 25, 2020
COVID-19 Resource Page & Updates
The Greater Bangor Convention and Visitors Bureau is working diligently to be a helpful partner for you, our membership, as we try to navigate the daily changes in our lives due to COVID-19. We have created this webpage with the links of pertinent information that will help keep all of you informed to the best of our ability. We will be updating this page versus continuing to send out links and messages so we can minimize some of what might be repetitive emails at this point.
C.A.R.E Act Press Release and Information:
Senator Susan Collins
This is a direct link to the information that was released on 3/25 regarding the CARE act and qualifications.
Message from the City of Bangor regarding the Executive Order issued by Governor Mills
We recognize that this is a difficult time for many, including our local business community. Yesterday Governor Mills issued an executive order which requires the statewide closure of some types of businesses until at least April 8, 2020. The City wants to provide clarification and information regarding differences between Governor Mills’ executive order and the City’s previous emergency regulations for businesses. The Governor’s order is found here: https://www.maine.gov/…/An%20Order%20Regarding%20Essential%…
The Governor’s Executive Order supersedes the previous City order, and is different in several important ways that we want to bring to your attention:
1. Restaurants offering carry-out, delivery, and drive-through food and beverage can remain open. The Governor’s order appears to be more permissive than the previous City order, as the City order did not allow customers to enter the restaurant or food service establishment to order or to pick up their food and beverage. Bangor establishments that have eliminated customers entering the premises to order and pick up their food may now be able to relax that if they wish (and can maintain social distancing inside). The full text of the Governor’s food and beverage service emergency order can be found here: https://www.maine.gov/…/Executive%20Order%20to%20Protect%20…
2. Interpretations of the Governor’s order are handled by the state. If the function of your business is not listed in the order, but you believe that it is essential, you may request designation as an essential business at https://www.maine.gov/essentialservice or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
3. Violations of the state order can carry penalties including the potential for loss of business licensure, fines, and jail. This is different than the City’s previous order, violation of which would have led to civil penalties only. The City’s code enforcement team may visit businesses that remain open to share information about the state order, and encourage compliance. Enforcement of the order and violations will be handled by the state and law enforcement.
The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development should be considered the primary resource for questions, clarification, and information on business operations related to the Governor’s executive order. https://www.maine.gov/decd/
BUSINESS RESOURCE & INFORMATION
Governor Janet Mills
This page will have the latest press releases from Governor Mills.
Maine Department of Labor
I believe this is where the information will live regarding the announcement of 3/15 regarding the Unemployment Insurance for individuals that have been impacted by COVID-19. The legislation was submitted over the weekend and should be taken up on Tuesday 3/17. When we learn the best link for this information we will update the link if needed.
Small Business Administration
Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Information
More information will be forthcoming ASAP as Governor Mills has successfully submitted the paperwork needed to make this happen. Funds will be opened up soon.
City of Bangor Updates (includes all departments)
This link will provide access to all information from the City of Bangor and Bangor Public Health and many other departments.
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
The Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce hosted and live-streamed an education session around COVID-19 and it can be found on their Facebook page. Great information that is region-specific.
HOSPITALITY & TOURISM INFORMATION
Maine Office of Tourism
The Maine Office of Tourism has created a page that includes updates from Steve Lyons, Director of the Office of Tourism and includes a tool kit that can be used by your business.
US Travel Association Emergency Response Toolkit
This toolkit has information on the following
* Facts and talking points for industry use with travelers
* Media holding statement and talking points
* Guidance for healthy travel habits from the DCD
* Sharable graphics from the World Health Organization
HEALTH & SAFETY
Center for Disease Control & Prevention
This link is for the US CDC and has the latest information that is being provided by the US Government.
Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
This link if for the State of Maine and will have the latest information about how COVID-19 is affecting our State.
CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
This link provides tips about cleaning and disinfection community spaces if someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 has been in the building.
Over the next couple of days we will be working to add industry-specific information and links, please check back.