POSITION TITLE: Membership; Sales Representative
DIVISION: Greater Bangor CVB
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of GBCVB
Description: The Greater Bangor Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking candidates for the position of Membership & Sales Specialist.
The successful Membership & Sales Specialist will be a self-starter, detail oriented, organized, high-energy, outgoing individual who works well in a fast-paced tourism environment. Strong people skills, sales experience, and ability to learn quickly while working with a regional team of players are important. Excellent communication skills, strong multi-tasking abilities and CRM knowledge are critical. This person’s core responsibilities will include obtaining and servicing new and existing members, creating partnership opportunities and presenting them, and selling the Greater Bangor Visitor & Event Planning Guidebook. They will also generate meeting and conventions sales to our member properties. A passion for the development of our region, commitment to the community and its growth and knowledge of Maine’s tourism industry are a plus. Ability to travel in and out of state, valid driver’s license and background check is required.
The Membership and Sales Representative is responsible for the retention of existing
CVB members and the recruitment of new members. Additionally, this position is
responsible for selling GBCVB event sponsorships, guidebook ads, and co-operative
marketing opportunities. They will also be the primary person working with
sponsorships and marketing partnerships within the business community. This
individual is responsible for meeting the sales goals as set by the Director and the Board.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Retain existing members and increase the membership to achieve the goals set
forth by committees and voted on by the board.
2. Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of the public and private facilities,
attractions; and services available in the area to attract customers; act as liaison
between these entities and the customer; maintain a familiarity with competing
areas or issues that impact the Bureau’s ability to promote effectively; maintain a
working knowledge of the membership and work to recruit non-member facilities
3. Develop regional members focusing on large facilities with meeting and
convention capacity and maintain a database of potential local and regional
members searchable by community and by service sector.
4. Work with the Membership Committee to make recommendations regarding any
changes in the dues structure to the Director.
5. Prepare, maintain and update all membership packets and materials, and keep
membership packets on hand and available at all times for entire staff to use as
6. Work with Membership Committee to establish quarterly or biannual membership
receptions to inform new members of membership activities and benefits and to
recruit new members.
7. Survey the membership annually regarding their needs, concerns and level of
involvement in GBCVB, develop new initiatives that respond to expressed
member needs and concerns, work to inform members of existing member
benefits and marketing opportunities as they are made available. Membership
Retention is one of the key components to this position.
8. Develop an ambassador program to assist and orient new members to the
organization and its benefits to their businesses, and prepare information for
newsletter with assistance from other staff members.
9. Responsible for soliciting sponsors and/or creating marketing partnerships for all
GBCVB events or programs.
10. Sales of advertisements, co-ops, visitor and meeting planner guide, website etc.
By meeting and/or exceeding the goals established in the annual budget.
11. Be part of the Visitor Services team both in house and at the airport kiosk.
12. Take the lead role responsible for the airport visitor kiosk by maintaining the
13. Maintain all sales information in the organization’s CRM system.
14. Accept and perform all other duties as assigned and directed by the Director.
1. Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
2. Good problem solving skills.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Google Suite computer software.
4. Good time-management and organization skills and the ability to prioritize
and meet deadlines.
5. Must have the ability to foster good member relationships and be capable of
maintaining sensitive /confidential information.
6. Ability to work well with customers, co-workers, and supervisor.
7. Valid driver’s license required with regular access to own vehicle.
8. Ability to travel in and out of state and country as required.
9. Regular attendance required.
Compensation: $30,000 base salary plus commission and benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Kerrie@visitbangormaine.com or mail to:
Greater Bangor CVB Attn: Kerrie Tripp, 330 Harlow Street, Bangor,ME 04401
Please, no phone calls.