Steps for Souls: Suicide Awareness & Prevention Walk 2018
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Steps for Souls: Suicide Awareness and Prevention will be hosting our second annual walk and mental health resources event on Saturday May 5, 2018. Suicide has impacted the Bangor community and the state of Maine immensely in the last two years. With suicide rates only rising across the country, Steps for Souls was founded to stand up to the stigma and get local, affordable, and effective resources out to people all across the state. We welcome ANYONE who has been effected by suicide whether that person is yourself, a family member, or friend- or ANYONE who would like to learn more about suicide prevention and what you can do to help. A multitude of businesses and non-profit organizations will be in attendance to hand out resources and information including Acadia Hospital, The Yellow Tulip Project, The JD Foundation, The Silhouette Project, and many more! Please join us on May 5th as we walk, roll, march, and stand in solidarity while honoring those we have lost and those we wish to help through resources, education, an open dialogue, and unity.
– There will be opportunity to honor your loved one or your own battle on our “Soul Wall!”
– The event will open at 10am and the walk will begin at 11am
– SFS is a 5K! (We welcome dogs & kids of course)
– SFS is completely free. Bring as many people as you want or enjoy time with new faces from all over the state!
– A limited supply of bracelets and key-chains will be available for sale for $2.00 at the event.
– ALL proceeds from the event (bracelet, t-shirt, and refreshment sales) will go directly to Acadia Hospital’s suicide prevention efforts.
– Resources will be available before and after the walk.