- This event has passed.
CANCELED: Masterworks VI: Mozart & Mahler
May 3 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Updated 3/20/2020 – Following directives from the University of Maine and recommendations from the State of Maine CDC and Governor’s Office, the Bangor Symphony Orchestra is cancelling the following upcoming events and performances:
- Symphony Soiree, March 21, 2020 (Collins Center for the Arts)
- Sounds of the Sea, March 22, 2020 (Collins Center for the Arts)
- BSYO Spring Concert, March 29, 2020 (Hampden Academy)
- Beethoven & Haydn, April 5, 2020 (Collins Center for the Arts)
- Mozart & Mahler, May 3, 2020 (Collins Center for the Arts)
We recognize the importance of protecting our musicians and audience members from further spread of the COVID-19 virus, and ask for your patience and support as we navigate these uncertain times. For more info: https://www.bangorsymphony.org/covid/
The Masterworks season concludes with Mahler’s passion-filled Symphony No. 5, and a rarely performed gem by Mozart.
What’s Interesting About This Concert:
Mahler’s 5th has been called “the Everest of music” and “a virtuosic orchestral portrayal of love”.
Over 80 musicians will be featured on stage, our largest orchestra of the year.
Mozart’s Masonic Funeral Music can be heard in the film Amadeus and perfectly sets the stage for Mahler.
W.A. Mozart | Masonic Funeral Music, K.477
Gustav Mahler | Symphony No. 5
Concert Length: Approx. 1 hour, 30 minutes, no intermission
FMI: (207)942-5555 or www.bangorsymphony.org