- This event has passed.
Marine Biology Camp
July 30, 2018 - August 3, 2018
Explore Marine Biology at Unity College
Students passionate about the ocean and marine creatures will want to explore marine biology at Unity College. You will learn about the algae and animals that inhabit 70% of the world’s surface, investigate our unique coral wet lab. Learn firsthand the impact of climate change on our world’s oceans and explore career options in marine biology while on campus. Students will visit the ocean, study marine life, learn microscope and laboratory techniques. This is an experience you will not want to miss.
- Learn snorkeling and water skills
- Grow corals
- Journey to the coast of Maine to explore tidal pools and learn about the local marine life
- Identify microplastics from Lincolnville beach sediments
- Study the pigments of seaweeds using Thin layer chromotography
- Study decapod anatomy during a lobster bake
- Fun activities in the evenings
Dates and Cost
- Dates: July 30 – August 3, 2018
- Cost: $ 1,050 Early bird registration before January 15, 2018. $1,100 After January 15, 2018. Last date to register is March 15, 2018. Registration includes food (Monday lunch through Friday lunch) and lodging (Monday night through Thursday night).
Students entering grades 7-12 in the Fall of 2017 are eligible to attend. Spaces are limited so please apply early.