- This event has passed.
Environmental Science Camp
July 30, 2018 - August 3, 2018
Explore the environment
Get your hip waders ready! Be a scientist for a week and do REAL fieldwork in Maine – from the hills to the sea. If you are interested in the formation, evolution, and care of our physical landscape – the science behind it all and the relationship to living things – you need to spend a week with us at America’s Environmental College.
Come explore college and career opportunities in the field of Earth and Environmental Science – with Unity College faculty and current students. Be prepared to go stream wading to collect and analyze water, sample, explore the geology of the Maine coast, and dabble in hydrology, and environmental chemistry.
- Take water samples from Maine ponds
- Rock identification on Mt. Desert Island
- Compare soil samples and mineral content from the shores of ponds, streams and the coast.
- Take a boat out onto scenic Lake Winnecook
- Roast smores around the fire circle
- Spend a day at McKay Farm exploring plant cycles
Dates and Cost
- Dates: July 30 – August 3, 2018
- Cost: $950 Early bird registration before January 15, 2018. $1,000 After January 15, 2018. Last day to register is March 15, 2018. Registration includes food (Monday lunch through Friday lunch) and lodging (Monday night through Thursday night).
Students entering grades 7-12 in the Fall of 2017 are eligible to attend. Spaces are limited so please apply early.