When you support the Greater Bangor Convention & Visitors Bureau by becoming or being a member, you are supporting the promotion of one of the most important industries in the state of Maine – Tourism. Help your business grow, help your community grow, help us market and promote you! Become a Greater Bangor CVB member today and start taking advantage of these benefits, today!
Advertising & Promotion
- Complimentary listing in the Greater Bangor Region Visitor & Event Planning Guidebook. Produced annually by the Greater Bangor CVB with exclusive member only advertising rates.
- Complimentary listings in membership directory and appropriate directories on our website including on pages like where to stay, what to do, convention services, etc. Website advertising is available to members only.
- Special promotional opportunities including various coupon books for meeting, conventions, and year-long savings for visitors, discounted advertising rates, co-op advertising opportunities, welcome bag opportunities and much more!
- Press release distribution and posting on our website
- Brochure distribution opportunities at various visitor center locations, including Downtown Bangor and Bangor International Airport, and packet mailings to potential visitors
Conventions, Meetings, Events and Wedding Planners
- Access to members only section of the Greater Bangor CVB website where all current meeting planner leads are posted, allowing you the opportunity to respond with a proposal.
- Listings of all major meetings, conventions and events planned in the Greater Bangor Region for the next five years
- Welcome Bag program opportunities
- Free GBCVB “Welcome to Bangor” page on our website, specific to your incoming group, meeting or event.
Networking & Business Leads
- Come help us honor tourism’s best of the best at the GBCVB’s Annual Tourism Awards Event, during National Tourism Week every May. Trade show booth and sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Learn what the GBCVB has been up to at our Quarterly Membership Receptions, locations rotate and we encourage our members to bring along non-members! Sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Opportunity to be a leader in the local tourism industry by volunteering for a committee, special event or by serving on the board of directors.
- Monthly E-Newsletter, advertising opportunities available.
- Consultations with GBCVB staff – including marketing, brainstorming and strategic planning help.
- Connections, let us connect your business with funding help, small business advice or with the appropriate organization that can help your business succeed.
- Join us for exclusive seminars, workshops, and focus groups.