Eastern Maine Basketball Tournament: Mid February to the first week in March
Phone: (207)947-5555 | www.crossinsurancecenter.com
Maine Maple Sunday: 4th Sunday in March
- Maple syrup farms throughout Maine open their doors to the public as they make maple
- See maple sap turned into the real syrup.
- Many sugarhouses offer tastings, with syrup on pancakes or ice cream, and often hold
Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race: Third weekend in April
- Hosted by the Bangor Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- 16.5 mile race
- Begins in the Town of Kenduskeag and ends near the confluence of the Penobscot River
in downtown Bangor.
- Over 25 classes
Anah Shrine Circus: Last weekend in April
Phone: (800) 237-5055 | www.anahshriners.com
- Wows, dazzles and thrills children and adults alike with acts ranging from elephants to
contortionists to magicians to dancers to trapeze artists
- Shrine clowns keep everyone entertained before, during and after the show.
Mount Hope Cemetery Tour: First Friday of June-October, third Saturday of June-September
Phone: (207)942-1900 | www.bangormuseum.org
- One of the nation’s oldest garden cemeteries
- Roughly 300 acres
- Home to many well-known public figures
- Site of filming of Pet Sematary
Bangor’s Beer Festival: Tap Into Summer: Third Saturday in June
- 25 local breweries attend.
- Sample some of their 75+ locally produced beers.
- Food and merchandise vendors on site.
- Live entertainment.
- Must be 21+ years of age to attend.
4th Of July Parade – July 4th
Phone: (207) 949-4735
- One of the largest parades in Maine
- Over 1,000 participants
Bangor State Fair: Last weekend in July through the first weekend in August
Phone: (207) 947-5555 | www.bangorstatefair.com
- Hundreds of shows performed daily
- Many rides, for children and adults
- One-time fee for access to the fair, rides and shows
- Smoke free
American Folk Festival: Last full weekend in August
Phone: (207)992-2630 | www.americanfolkfestival.com
- Presents music, dance and other performing arts representing cultural traditions from
across America and the world.
- Showcases and markets the Bangor Waterfront and the greater Bangor area by
attracting thousands of festival-goers each year
- Offers festival-goers the opportunity to purchase authentic, hand-made crafts from
regional artisans and made-in- Maine food products
- Enhances the festival experience by offering a variety of regional, ethnic and fair food
Bangor Car Show: First Saturday after Labor Day
Phone: (207)947-5205 | www.visitbangormaine.com
- Featuring over 40 classes
- 300 plus cars
- Vendors, family fun, entertainment
Fright at the Fort: Last two weekends before Halloween
Phone: (207) 469-6553 | fortknox.maineguide.com/fright
- Visitors are led through the dark passageways of Fort Knox where indescribable things
lurk in the shadows, creating screams of fright.
- Best Halloween event in the State
Festival of Lights Parade/Santa’s workshop: First Saturday in December
Phone: (207) 947-8336 | www.bangorrotary.org
- Free meet and greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Santa Scavenger Hunt throughout downtown – cookie decorating, crafts and more
- Festival of lights parade
- City Tree Lighting
Bangor Downtown Countdown – December 31st
Phone: (207) 992-4234 | www.downtownbangor.com
- Opening and closing ceremonies in West Market Square
- Outdoor musical performances
- Multiple venues with activities and entertainment options for all ages