What is there to do in Bangor? No matter the season, you won’t get bored with this list of 100 suggestions, and they are all in the Greater Bangor Region. Not sure where to get started? Pick a random number and enjoy!
1. Take a cruise on the Katahdin Steamship on Moosehead Lake.
2. Meet Abraham Lincoln’s Vice President, Hannibal Hamlin on the Kenduskeag Promenade, between Central and State Streets.
3. Walk the boardwalk through a National Natural Landmark at the Orono Bog Walk.
4. Hike hundreds of miles of natural trails at the Bangor City Forest.
5. Drive up Thomas Hill to visit the 50-foot high and 75-foot diameter steel tank, which holds 1.75 million gallons of water, called the Thomas Hill Standpipe.
6. Admire the lighted water fountain and a waterfall that’s more than 20 feet high at Cascade Park.
7. Tour through the rotating exhibition galleries at the UMaine Art Museum.
8. Fish for smallmouth bass, landlocked salmon, or wild brook trout on Moosehead Lake.
9. Play 27 holes of golf in the middle of the city at the Bangor Municipal Golf Course.
10. Browse through thousands upon thousands of books at the Bangor Public Library.
11. Check out an old River City Cinema movie at a local church or outside venue during the summer.
12. Grab your binoculars and watch the abundant bird life at the Jeremiah Colburn Natural Area.
13. Escape the city heat take a ride down the waterslides at the Beth Pancoe Municipal Aquatic Center.
14. Leisurely walk along the Penobscot River at Bangor’s Waterfront Park and enjoy the sunset.
15. Savor the deliciousness of different kinds of local wines at the Winterport Winery.
Looking for more ideas? Get the full list here!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter below and never miss out on any of the fun events and activities going on in Greater Bangor.